Finance & Administration's Annual New to F&A Day
Friday, October 20, 2023
All staff members who have joined the Finance and Administration workforce between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023, are invited to attend the annual New to F&A Day event. The day-long activities:
- Provide information on the breadth and scope of Finance and Administration (which encompasses almost 3,000 staff members in six divisions).
- Enlighten staff members on community partnerships and opportunities for involvement in Athens and the surrounding communities.
- Create a means for networking within Finance and Administration, including meeting the leaders of the F&A central divisions and offices.
The concept of ‘New to F&A Day’ came from a recommendation through the Finance and Administration Staff Representative Group. The event is supported by the Office of the Vice President and is created and implemented annually by the division-wide Finance and Administration New to F&A Day Committee.
The day includes the following:
- Breakfast with the Finance and Administration Senior Leadership Team.
- Presentation by the Vice President for Finance and Administration followed by an interactive Q&A session.
- Engagement with the UGA Office of Government Relations and local community leaders.
- Informative presentations by key University leaders.
- Engaging operational tours of designated academic, research, technical and athletic buildings/space.
- Opportunities to network and meet other F&A staff members and leadership.
New to F&A Day attendance spots are strategically held for each F&A unit until the maximum count of eighty participants is reached. For the first time ever, all other newly hired F&A staff will have the opportunity to virtually join New to F&A Day at certain parts throughout the day. Further details, including a full agenda, will be available soon.
Resource information will be included in welcome bags for all newly hired F&A team members. Bags will be available on the day of the event for the eighty participants. All other bags for eligible F&A staff members will be distributed by the New to F&A Day Committee members the week of the event. Below is information which may be useful to staff members new to the University and Athens and even to those who are not.
Comments from Past Participants
“I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the event. I feel a part of the family now that
I’ve spent a little more time on campus.”
“Really fostered a feeling of camaraderie between the departments introducing what each does, how we are interconnected, how we come together to make this university all it can be. Boosted employee morale and purpose.”
“Great opportunity to see parts of campus I may not get to see. Thanks!”
“This was a great day. What a way to show your appreciation to your employees. Thanks for everything.”
“It is a well conceived and executed plan to enlighten new employees to the many different parts of the F&A divisions of the University. I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet members of the other sections of F&A.”
“I loved New to F&A Day. It was outstanding! If I could do it again, I would.”
“It was very informative, and even though I went to school here, I still learned new and fascinating things about UGA.”
“The agenda was perfect, and I wouldn’t change a thing. This was a wonderful welcome to the Finance and Administration family.”
“I had a lot of fun. Thank you. I enjoyed getting to know the other departments.”
“Outstanding program—thoroughly enjoyed it.”
“Thank you so much for the opportunity. I had a great time and will recommend this day to every new employee.”
New to F&A Day Committee Members
Kim C Eberhart
Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration