Real estate transactions are handled on behalf of the University of Georgia through the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration (OVPFA). The real estate transactions handled by OVPFA include:
- Leases of real property (office, commercial, residential)
- Management of real property assets
- Build to suit arrangements
- Capital leases and lease-to-buy arrangements
The property leases and rental agreements procedure can be found in the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration section of the Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual
- Acquisitions and sales of real estate
- Ground leases for privately financed developments
- Access to University property
- Boundary disputes
- Easements, licenses, rights-of-way, access agreements and memoranda of understanding involving University real estate
- Timber Sales
- Georgia Environmental Policy Act site assessments
Any unit at the University requesting additional space not owned or managed by the University must first notify Space Management with an explanation of the funding source for additional space and the programmatic needs the space will serve. Requests for space should be sent to Space Management through the Request for Allocation of Space form. Requests should include a justification of the programmatic needs, estimates of funds required for renovations (if needed), and the source(s) of funding for both renovation and moving costs. The request must be approved by the department head or director and the dean or vice president and forwarded to Space Management.
Working with the unit, the Space Allocation Recommendation Committee, and the senior administration, Space Management will advise whether space within the University’s existing inventory can accommodate the needs (the preferred option) or whether alternatives should be pursued.